Princess Beatrice spoke of “incredibly difficult times” when she made her first appearance since the cancellation of her marriage to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in the midst of the coronavirus crisis.
Queen’s granddaughter, 31, was expected to marry millionaire property tycoon, 37, at St James Palace on May 29, but marriage was postponed earlier this month as lockdown continues .
Making her first public appearance since the news broke, Princess Beatrice shared a message of support with Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, of which she is the patron.
In the clip, which was shared on the organization of Twitter page, she urged followers to get in touch with the charity, explaining, “This is an incredibly difficult time for the world and the UK. “
Princess Beatrice, 31, spoke of “incredibly difficult times” facing the United Kingdom and the world when she made her first appearance since the postponement of her marriage to Edo, 36.
The princess, who was diagnosed with dyslexia at the age of seven, wrote about her difficulties as a child and how her parents’ support and the magic of the stories helped her fall in love with reading. .
She became a charity patron in 2013 and spoke about the help she received from the center during her school years.
Speaking in the video, which was published by the charity yesterday, Beatrice said: “As a sponsor of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia association, I just wanted to send this message to say that the Helen Arkell association is open for business.
“Yes, they do things online at the moment rather than face to face, but their incredible team of specialists is there to help you when you need it.”
Video marks first appearance of Princess Beatrice in public since she postponed her marriage on May 29 with Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The royal added: “Whether it’s online courses, courses or their online help desk, please contact us.
“I encourage you to check out their website and see what is available to you.”
Beatrice, daughter of the Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York, were to stroll down the aisle of the Royal Chapel of St James’ Palace in London.
The princess was thrilled after getting engaged to a weekend in Italy last September, and the couple said they couldn’t wait to get married.
In the video clip shared by her patronage, Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, Princess Beatrice urged people to seek resources
But her nuptials were overshadowed by the scandal that engulfed her father Andrew, the date changing twice to welcome the queen’s second son.
The Duke retired from public royal office in November after his disastrous interview on Newsnight about his friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew vigorously denied Virginia Giuffre’s claims that he slept with her at the age of 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.
As the granddaughter of a monarch, Beatrice should have married in front of 800 guests in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, as did her sister Princess Eugenie, whose ceremony was televised and was followed by a carriage ride through the city.
Princess Beatrice was to marry Edo in a ceremony at the Royal Chapel in May, followed by a reception in the grounds of Buckingham Palace
But, amid the controversy over her father, the princess opted for the more intimate and discreet option of the Royal Chapel and was to invite 150 guests.
Edo’s son Wolfie, from his relationship with architect Dara Huang, was to be at the wedding party, alongside Eugenie as chief bridesmaid.
The Queen was to host the private reception in the grounds of her London residence.
But the plans were changed after the government called on all people in the UK, especially those over 70, to avoid all non-essential contact and travel as part of unprecedented peacetime measures to control the spread of Covid-19.
The king’s wedding was overshadowed by the scandal that engulfed his father Andrew, the date changing twice to welcome the queen’s second son.
The 93-year-old Queen and the 98-year-old Duke of Edinburgh are at Windsor Castle, where they socially distance themselves.
And in April, Boris Johnson banned marriages while the virus was raging in the British public.
Sources confirmed that the marriage had been postponed earlier this month, telling people that the invitations had never been sent due to complications from the virus.