A revised schedule was announced earlier this week, starting with the Charles Schwab challenge in Fort Worth, Texas from June 11-14.
The first four tournaments on the new schedule will be closed to spectators, but the Guardian estimates that 700 to 800 people will still be on site during the events.
“The rigorous testing procedures will imply that players, cadets and officials receive test kits – already on mass order – at their homes, with further and immediate verification if anyone has attended a tournament by plane, “the newspaper reported. “Daily tests will then be performed by each individual during the week of the tournament, with anyone returning a positive result having to self-quarantine for 14 days. “
A spokesman for the PGA Tour denied the accuracy of the one million test figure.
“The tour is still examining the issue of testing in consultation with leading medical experts,” said the spokesman for the Guardian. “We have repeatedly stated publicly that COVID-19 tests as they are today are the most critical in the healthcare community and in our communities.”
PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said previously that the tour will only resume if there are “large-scale and large-scale tests” in the United States.
“We will have to be able to test the players, the caddies and the other components before coming back, but we must do so in a way that will not take us away from the critical need we are currently facing,” Monahan told NBC Sports . “We are confident, based on the advice we receive from medical experts, that we will be in this position. “