Newcastle takeover makes headlines with huge update from Companies House and Jorge Jesus linked

0
177


Companies House documents revealed that the chief operating officer of the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund had been added to a company linked to the takeover of Newcastle United.

Elsewhere, Jorge Jesus has been linked as a replacement for Steve Bruce and talking about a second offer on the table for Newcastle United had dominated the agenda today.

Here are today’s headlines at Newcastle United for April 28 – you can follow live updates as they happen in our live blog here.

Update of the Maison des entreprises

The chief operating officer of the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund has been added to a company linked to the takeover of Newcastle United in another move which indicates that the takeover is near.

Corporate House offices show that Bander Bin Mogren, director of operations for PiF, was appointed director of NCUK Investment Limited on April 9.



Bander Bin Mogren, Chief Operating Officer of PiF and new addition to NCUK Investments
Bander Bin Mogren, Chief Operating Officer of PiF and new addition to NCUK Investments

NCUK Investment is a front company which was created by Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the director of PiF, and will be used to transfer shares of Mike Ashley when the takeover is complete. It was put in place in January, when an agreement was first seen as nearing completion.

But now with a near takeover there are more and more signs that all the groups are getting their ducks in a row before a £ 300m takeover which will prove to be the start of a new era. on Tyneside.

Jesus link

Flamengo manager and former Benfica boss Jorge Jesus is the latest name presented as a possible replacement for Steve Bruce.



RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - MARCH 11: Head coach Jorge Jesus de Flamengo watches during a match between Flamengo and Barcelona as part of the Copa CONMEBOL Libertadores 2020 at Maracana stadium on March 11, 2020 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – MARCH 11: Head coach Jorge Jesus de Flamengo watches during a match between Flamengo and Barcelona as part of the Copa CONMEBOL Libertadores 2020 at Maracana stadium on March 11, 2020 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil . (Photo by Bruna Prado / Getty Images)

This is according to Goal, who thinks that the future owners of the Magpies love the 65-year-old because of his success in Europe and Brazil so far.

Staveley’s ally

Staveley and his partner, Mehrdad Ghodoussi, share a “great admiration” for the club and the fans and this was at the heart of their last attempt to retake the Magpies after the failure of their previous candidacy in 2017.



Guy Hands speaking at the LSE Alternative Investments Conference

So what should supporters expect from Staveley if the takeover is successful? Guy Hands is the founder and president of Terra Firma Capital Partners, one of the largest private equity firms in Europe, and has known the Ripon native for 20 years.

“Amanda is very passionate about football. She lives 40 minutes from Newcastle, so she has a local connection and when she talks about football, she talks a lot, focusing on managers and players, a lot on team dynamics and how it goes. together, “he told ChronicleLive.

Second offer?

The Mirror says US businessman Henry Mauriss is in talks with United owner Mike Ashley about a possible takeover since last year – and is waiting to see the results of Premier League tests carried out on the Amanda Staveley consortium.

However, Staveley and Co have exclusive rights to the current deal until mid-May, which means they are the only party Ashley has dealings with.

Confidence remains high that the offer supported by the Saudi PiF will continue, so in theory at least, rumors of this second offer would not be relevant.

Mauriss, who runs the media company ClearTV, made his fortune in the “credit” sector – selling his company, Credit America Corporation, in 2010.

PiF continues to spend

The Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund has continued its big spending campaign since the coronavirus pandemic by investing nearly £ 400 million in Live Nation.

This is another sign that PiF – which owns 80% of United when the agreement negotiated with Mike Ashley is confirmed in the coming days – is actively seeking to do business.

Full story of Mark Douglas here.

Transfer window dates

Newcastle may not be able to spend the new wealth – after the takeover – until the end of August.

That’s when the next transfer window should open, with Premier League clubs preparing to do business in September.

Mail reports that the next transfer window is unlikely to open until the end of August and discussions are still ongoing on the duration of the window, with EFL clubs pushing for a window longer and more flexible.

The Magpies were today linked to a movement by French defender Nice Malang Sarr.

Jamaal Lascelles and ‘cans’

Newcastle skipper Jamaal Lascelles participated in a live question and answer session with #CounterAttackPodcast Daps host on Instagram – and suggested he did not know what the term “cans” meant.

United fans used the expression to express their enthusiasm for the impending takeover, with refrigerators filled with festive drinks.

And when the word kept appearing in the comments, Lascelles was asked by the host what it meant.

” I’ve no idea. I keep seeing that and thinking … is there a drink or something in the background? Lascelles wondered, looking back. “Let’s ask them: what are the cans? “

Demba Ba’s hopes

Former Newcastle forward Demba Ba hopes the takeover will make the Magpies one of the best clubs in the country.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, the Senegalese leader said: “If this happens, I will be very happy because Newcastle is a club that I really like.

“I had a great time there and if that happens it will be another better team.

“I’m not going to say top club because Newcastle is already a top club, but it’s going to be another better team, fighting for the title, fighting for the Champions League, and it will only be great for the Premier League and for Newcastle too. ”



Demba Ba in action for Newcastle United
Demba Ba in action for Newcastle United

Support Bruce

Former Sunderland defender Nedum Onuoha believes Newcastle United will stay with Steve Bruce or not after a takeover, depending on who he is.

Speculation about the Magpies boss’s future arose in the midst of takeover talks, but Onuoha, who worked under Bruce at the Stadium of Light, is a fan of the former Manchester United defender.

“I think that as long as the new owners are just looking to add to their identity instead of changing it completely, he is 100% the perfect man for the job,” he said.

Full story here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here