Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s charity targeted by trolls with website redirecting to Kanye West’s “gold digger”

0
139


Get all the latest coronavirus news and more daily in your inbox. Register here.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s new charity Archewell has not yet been officially launched, but has already become the target of online trolls who have delivered a harsh message to the Duchess of Sussex.

In a statement to Fox News this week, Meghan and Harry confirmed that their nonprofit charity will come “when the time comes,” given the current state of the world amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Since then, a website has been created by an anonymous user with the URL www.archewellfoundation.com, which has redirected visitors to a 2005 YouTube video of Kanye West’s “Gold Digger” featuring Jamie Foxx, according to several reports. .

MEGHAN MARKLE AND PRINCE HARRY CONFIRM NEW FOUNDATION NAME

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry moved to Los Angeles after stepping back as senior members of the royal family.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry moved to Los Angeles after stepping back as senior members of the royal family.
(Getty)

This humiliating ordeal comes at a time of transition for Meghan and Harry, who officially ended their tenure as senior members of the royal family on March 31.

The couple have since moved from Vancouver, Canada, to Los Angeles, California, Meghan’s hometown.

As of Thursday morning, the website had been deleted. But fans on Twitter who got a look at the site were bowled over by the hoax, with the majority criticizing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for allegedly failing to register a domain for the charity before the trolls get their way.

MEGHAN MARKLE PROHIBITED PRINCE HARRY FROM TRAVELING ABROAD AFTER PRINCE CHARLES CORONAVIRUS DIAGNOSIS: REPORT

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend the Endeavor Fund Awards at Mansion House on March 5.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend the Endeavor Fund Awards at Mansion House on March 5.
(Getty)

A fan on Twitter called the anonymous troll behind the online blunder “absolute genius.”

“Harry and Meghan’s website hit by trolls redirecting him to” Gold Digger “is just too good,” said another on Twitter. “But they weren’t trolls, they stupidly, but not surprisingly, forgot to register the site. Idiots. “

“Keep digging Meghan, this hole may take your ego someday,” scolded a duchess on the social media platform.

QUESTIONS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS? ASK AN EXPERT

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced that their charity name, Archewell, had significant meaning and helped the couple name their son Archie.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have announced that their charity name, Archewell, has significant meaning and helped the couple name their son Archie.
(HENK KRUGER / AFP / Getty Images)

The website hijacking adds to the already existing drama around Archewell. Just hours after Meghan and Harry confirmed the charity’s name, the couple received a backlash for the time of the announcement, which came amid the news that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson had admitted to intensive care after contracting the coronavirus.

However, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made the announcement only after The Telegraph discovered documents that were filed to launch the charity.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Like you, our goal is to support efforts to fight the global pandemic of Covid-19, but faced with the revelation of this information, we felt compelled to share the story of how it happened,” the couple said in an emailed statement to Fox News. “We connected to this concept for the charity we hoped to build one day, and it became the inspiration for our son’s name. Do something meaningful, do something that matters. “

Tyler McCarthy of Fox News contributed to this report.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here