“I want to take this opportunity to apologize publicly for the choices I made last week that today resulted in a story about my private life in a tabloid newspaper,” he said in a press release to the Sun. “I understand that my position as a professional footballer carries the responsibility of being a model. As such, I would like to apologize to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for abandoning them.
“There are heroes who are making a vital difference to society right now, and I wanted to help and recognize their incredible sacrifices and their rescue work over the past week. My actions in this case are in direct contrast to what I should have done regarding the lockdown. And I want to reiterate the message: stay home, stay safe. “
Louise McNamara, 21, told the newspaper that she and a 24-year-old Brazilian woman were called on March 24 at Walker’s home outside Manchester. He and another man agreed to pay the women about $ 2,700 for their services.
The day after the alleged incident, Walker urged his 1.7 million Instagram followers to “stay indoors, continue to wash your hands, continue to follow protocols, and just protect the [National Health Service]. It has been difficult, but most of all, we have to think about the health of others and protect the elderly and family members who can spread it. “
Manchester City said in a statement that it was aware of the “breach of the rules of foreclosure and social distancing in the UK.
“Footballers are world role models, and our staff and players have worked to support the incredible efforts of the NHS and other key workers in fighting the effects of COVID-19 coronavirus, in every way possible. Kyle’s actions in this matter directly contravened these efforts. We are disappointed to hear these allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apologies, and will be conducting internal disciplinary proceedings in the coming days. “