Manchester United have made a deal to break their club record, according to a report in Spain, while Chelsea are far below talks for a Brazilian star, according to Monday’s Euro Paper Talk.
SPORTS CLAIMS JADON SANCHO IN MAN UTD HAS ALREADY AGREED
Manchester United won the race to sign Jadon Sancho and already has an agreement in place to sign it, according to sport.
The Spanish newspaper says the Red Devils have pushed back late interest from Barcelona to sign winger Borussia Dortmund in what will be a contract with the club.
Dortmund is reportedly seeking € 130 million (£ 116.2 million) for Sancho and United is willing to meet its asking price, likely with a large down payment, and the remainder made up of down payments and bonus supplements.
According to sportand via Sports Witness, United “managed to convince” Sancho to sign for them “although the deal has yet to be formalized.”
Reports that United already have a deal in place will be music to the ears of supporters, who think Sancho is the man who can take the club to the next level and give their attack a serious boost before the new season .
It was said this weekend that Sancho would only join United if the club could bring Champions League football back to Old Trafford – and although their hopes had been raised by improved form and in the light of the European ban on Man City – report in Spain will only strengthen their hopes that the 20-year-old will complete his stint with the Red Devils in due course.
The news seems to go hand in hand with reports last week that indicated Sancho had already given United a concrete “yes” about the possible transfer.
And another recent report suggested Sancho had three reasons for wanting to complete his move to Old Trafford.
Pep Guardiola’s team will always pocket 15% of the fees Dortmund collects for the Sancho, and it is partly in this knowledge that forced the Bundesliga club to take a firm stand on their asking price for the player and to seek what will be a club. record fees paid and received for United and Dortmund.
Their managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke insisted last week that if an agreement was to be reached for Sancho, it would only be under the conditions of the Bundesliga.
Watzke said Bild: “You always have to respect what the player wants.
“We said before the coronavirus that our favorite idea is that Jadon will stay with us.
“I can say that even the very wealthy clubs, despite the current crisis, do not believe they can do a good business tour with us.
“We must not sell to anyone below value. “
AND MORE FROM GOSSIP EURO PAPER
Chelsea has accelerated talks with Philippe Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian and is now set to win the race at former Liverpool with a € 70 million contract (Sport)
Juventus is open to the idea of partially selling or trading Douglas Costa, Gonzalo Higuain, Miralem Pjanic and Adrien Rabiot this summer – but they told Premier League contenders that Matthijs De Ligt and Paulo Dybala were “untouchable” (Calciomercato)
Real Madrid set to compete with Manchester United if Juventus gives any indication that it is ready to take on De Ligt this summer, agent Mino Raiola having previously held talks (Mundo Deportivo)
Manchester United should not play with Ivan Rakitic, the Croatian is in favor of a transfer to AC Milan this summer under a contract of 20 million euros, while Atletico Madrid is also strongly linked (Mundo Deportivo)
Aston Villa midfielder Marvelous Nakamba has given the green light to join Trabzonspor (Fotomac)
Mario Gotze will seek to earn approximately 8 million euros a year from any club he joins this summer. Liverpool, Tottenham and AC Milan have been linked to playmaker Borussia Dortmund, who will be available for free transfer at the end of the season. (Calciomercato)
Barcelona studies summer deals for popular Dutch trio Donyell Malen, Myron Boadu and Calvin Stengs (Mundo Deportivo)
Former Arsenal defender Gabriel Paulista is expected to complete his Spanish naturalization and will now be available to represent La Roja, rather than the country of his birth, Brazil (AS)
Juventus ahead of Liverpool to sign 60-million-euro Valencian winger Ferran Torres (Tuttosport)
Atletico Madrid envisions surprise summer decision for Naples striker Hirving Lozano, also on Everton (Mundo Deportivo) radar
Inter Milan is resigned to losing striker Lautaro Martinez to 111 million euros this summer – but expect the goal of Man Utd and Chelsea to join Barcelona (Sport)
Liverpool plans double 100 million euro raid on Borussia Mönchengladbach to sign Denis Zakaria and Marcus Thuram (Express)
Real Madrid defender Alvaro Odriozola is confident about the club’s future despite the loan of the 2019/20 season to Bayern Munich (Marca)
AC Milan puts together a shock kit to lure Mauro Icardi to the club of their rivals in Inter Milan after the wife and the agent of the PSG renter, Wanda Nara, declared that they had lost the life in Italy (Corriere dello Sport)
Real Madrid to do all it can to recruit Tottenham forward Harry Kane this summer as part of a potential € 220 million deal (Sport)
Barcelona are set to begin a summer move for Layvin Kurzawa when his contract expires this summer. PSG defender is also wanted by Arsenal (Sport)
Roma head coach Paulo Fonseca confirmed that the Italian club wanted to sign Chris Smalling of Manchester United and said he was surprised by his form for the club this season. (To Bola)
Alessio Romagnoli to sign contract extension at AC Milan – conclusion of conversation that he may be targeted by Manchester City this summer (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Celta striker Vigo Fedor Smolov flouted Spain’s lockout to return to his country of origin, becoming the second Celta player to break the rules of the state of emergency (AS)
Leicester City shows interest in Fenerbahce captain Hasan Ali Kaldirim before summer transfer window (Takvim)
Powerful Sevilla defender Diego Carlos spoke for the first time after being named Liverpool’s No. 1 target to become Virgil van Dijk’s long-term defensive partner (Estadio Deportivo)