Inside story of Boris’ battle against coronaviruses and how he was supposed to be in the hospital THREE DAYS before leaving – The Sun


BORIS Johnson is said to have refused to go to the hospital because he did not want to be seen as receiving preferential treatment.

PM with coronavirus was supposed to have been admitted to hospital three days before he left – and doctors were surprised to see him applauding the NHS.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news and updates

 When this photograph was taken, Boris Johnson was so sick that he was supposed to be in the hospital
When this photograph was taken, Boris Johnson was so sick that he was supposed to be in the hospitalCredit: Crown Copyright
 Staff were told Boris was on their way, but they saw him cheering on television for the NHS
Staff were informed that Boris was on his way, but they saw him cheering on television for the NHSCredit: AFP or licensors

Boris said today he owes his life to the NHS as he continues to recover from the virus that killed nearly 10,000 Britons.

At one point, he was so seriously ill that his ministers and aides would have gathered to pray for his recovery as he struggled to breathe.

But it turned out that the 55-year-old PM fought for three days on Downing Street after he was supposed to be in the hospital.

Doctors at St Thomas’s Hospital in London were wearing full protective clothing on Thursday April 2 after being told Johnson was on the way, Mail reported on Sunday.

NHS sources say St Thomas ‘team was already” cleaned and in PPE ” [personal protective equipment] at a secret entrance when they were told that the PM was no longer coming.

They then saw the obviously ill Prime Minister cheering from the steps of No11 Downing Street at 8 p.m.

For days, the public learned that his coronavirus symptoms were “mild” after the March 27 announcement that he had tested positive for the disease.

But after going through a morning meeting of the Covid-19 “War Cabinet” on April 2, the Prime Minister admitted that he was still sick and that he would not end his seven-day isolation the next day.

On April 2, it was agreed that he would remain isolated in his apartment above No. 11 with his symptoms seen on Saturday morning.

But on Saturday April 4, the examination quickly established that Boris’ condition was worsening and he was rushed to hospital.


He was aware when he arrived, but would be “very, very sore” with a tube immediately inserted into his nose and oxygen being administered.

Downing Street told the public that the PM was working from his bed.

But his condition would have worsened Sunday evening and Monday.

In any event, he became too ill to work or respond to SMS or WhatsApp messages.

An additional complication was the poor reception of cell phones at the hospital as well as a warning about the danger of using public wi-fi for security reasons.


At around 6 p.m. Monday, shortly after Foreign Minister Dominic Raab publicly dispelled concerns that the Prime Minister was “in a good mood”, Boris’ fiancé Carrie Symonds received bad news from doctors.

The oxygen treatment was not working and it was likely that he would need a ventilator to keep him alive. It was decided to transfer him to intensive care in which a recent study found that patients with coronavirus have only a 50/50 chance of survival.

The queen was notified and Raab was anointed as an assistant to the Prime Minister.

It would take three long nights before he was well enough to leave the unit on Thursday afternoon.

A hospital insider described him as “euphoric” and greeting the doctors and nurses after leaving intensive care.

On Thursday evening, he was even able to join in the applause of frontline NHS workers – but this time from his hospital bed

Boris said today that he owed his life to the staff of the British National Health Service in his first comments since his release from intensive care.


Don’t miss the latest news and figures – and essential tips for you and your family.

To receive the Coronavirus du Soleil newsletter in your inbox every tea hour, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, just like our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain’s best-selling daily newspaper on your smartphone or tablet every day – learn more.

“I can never thank them enough. I owe them my life, “said Johnson of the hospital staff, who are across the river from the Thames, outside the Houses of Parliament. The comments were released to reporters and confirmed by his office on Sunday.

Johnson was back on his feet on Friday, taking short walks between rest periods, in what his office described as the start of recovery.

The death toll from COVID-19 in the UK has risen to nearly 10,000, the fifth highest national figure in the world, after authorities reported 917 hospital deaths.

In his latest official state update for Johnson, Downing Street said he “continues to make very good progress.”

Interior Minister Priti Patel said at yesterday’s daily press conference that he needs time to rest and recover before returning to work.

Boris Johnson’s condition continues to improve as he sends his thoughts to everyone affected by the coronavirus


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here