The club’s release of this year’s accounts was delayed until July, but they had to announce that they would be in the dark.
Last year United made a profit of £ 18.6 million, but despite the fact that the club authorized its staff last week in the midst of the virus pandemic, Newcastle would face all the potential blows if the Premier League continues its forced shutdown.
General manager Lee Charnley said: “The significant increase in revenues, combined with prudent financial management, has enabled the club to make profits and this is reassuring, given the substantial loss of the previous year” .
Intense talks between the Premier League and the government continued over the weekend over the likely prospect of a June reboot behind closed doors, which would see Newcastle and its rivals take another hit in terms of the day.
But while Newcastle should continue to cut its fabric accordingly, United sources say they should not face any type of financial collapse.
Clubs could miss £ 50 million in broadcast revenue if the Premier League is not finished this season.
Frantic Burnley President Mike Garlick voiced his concerns this weekend when he said, “The point is if we don’t finish the season and there is no clear start date for the next season, we as a club will run out of money by August. That’s a fact.
“I cannot speak for the other clubs, I do not know their financial situation.
“All I can say for us, our club and our position.
“This is why we are very determined to say that when, of course, it is safe to do, we really want to finish this season. “
Newcastle’s decision to put the staff on leave last week drew new criticism, but was quickly followed by larger clubs like Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.
Jobs in Newcastle expected to be returned to non-player staff once Premier League resumes, with many workers expecting their forced leave period to extend to two months if senior management gets the green light to play again in June. .
In an email to staff last Monday, Charnley is said to have rallied employees to Newcastle to survive the COVID-19 crisis and the club will be in a strong position at the end of this period.
Newcastle has yet to comment on the story of a takeover or the decision to put the staff on leave last week.
Ashley would not have reached an agreement with the Public Investment Fund and Amanda Staveley despite new suggestions from new owners on Tyneside.