Hospital warden Sara Trollope dies at 51 after diagnosis of coronavirus


A hospital matron described by her family as a “real hero” and who lived her dream of becoming a nurse died after being tested positive for coronavirus.

Sara Trollope, a mother of four, died in the early hours of Good Friday at Watford General Hospital at the age of 51.

Sara lived in Carpenders Park with her husband Gary and had four children; twins Kyle and Michael, daughters Gemma and Freya, and two grandchildren.

She has worked in the NHS all her professional life and has been a matron for mental health services for the elderly, based at Hillingdon Hospital in Uxbridge.

Her grieving family and friends paid tribute to the “inspirational” nurse.

Speaking to Observer, Freya, an 18-year-old girl, said, “My mother was my stone and my best friend. She meant so much to me and she will never be forgotten.

“She always worked so hard for all of us and always worked for others. “

Watford Observer:

Sara pictured with daughter Freya

Son Kyle said, “Mom is my real hero and inspiration in life. I love her so much and I miss her so much. We will make her proud. “

Her husband Gary, 57, said of Sara: “You are the love of my life, you are my rose. “

Her father Gordon said, “My daughter Sara was always smiling. When I close my eyes, that’s what I see. From an early age, her ambition was to be a nurse and she did it with flying colors.

“I love her very much and I have always been proud of her and that she succeeded in life, which was tragically interrupted. I will always love you. “

Her mother Jean described Sara as her “beautiful daughter” who has been a caring person from an early age.

Stepdaughter Gemma says “Sara’s memory will stay alive.”

Helena Breen, a friend of Sara’s, called the matron “caring and compassionate” and a “privilege to know as a friend and colleague.”

Watford Observer:

Sara and her husband Gary with their two grandchildren

Watford Observer:

Sara Trollope pictured at her workplace with Prime Minister Boris Johnson

Freya says her mother started showing symptoms in late March and was taken to Luton & Dunstable Hospital.

But she returned home to Carpenders Park before being transferred to Watford General where she was tested for the virus.

After a few days, the hospital director, who suffered from diabetes and asthma, was transferred to intensive care before dying at 3:40 a.m. on Friday.

Sara’s friends paid tribute to an “incredible woman”, including close neighbor Tracy Woods who created a fundraising page to support the family.

Sara’s husband Gary cannot work after suffering life-changing injuries as a soldier in the Falklands War.

Watford Observer:

Sara pictured with husband Gary

So far, almost £ 6,000 has been raised for the family.

Visit the fundraising page here.

The trust that Sara worked for paid tribute to a “respected” and long-time member of staff.

Dr. Paul Hopper of the Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust said: “Sara had this unbeatable combination of kindness, selflessness and total determination to get things done for patients.

“She was an example for each of us. “


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here