Transfer the news Friday April 22
- Manchester United will not seek to sign Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly in the transfer window
- Liverpool have started talks with Chelsea winger Willian
- The Blues plan to sign Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang if they fail with another hit
Philippe Coutinho calls Liverpool
Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho is said to have telephoned Liverpool as soon as Bayern Munich made it known that it was not going to make their loan permanent.
The Brazilian has been sent to the Bundesliga this season after failing to light up the Non Camp following his £ 142m transfer from Liverpool in January 2018.
Barcelona has offered the 27-year-old to a multitude of Premier League clubs and five have apparently expressed interest.
Chelsea have been strongly linked to taking Coutinho to Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Spanish publication sport The North London parts of Tottenham and Arsenal have also asked to be kept informed of the situation.
Leicester and Everton are also serious contenders for an agreement with the Catalan side.
Transfer news LIVE: Paul Pogba continues to be linked to a release of Man Utd
Paul Pogba out in Man Utd
Paul Pogba looks set to be involved in another transfer saga this summer and Inter Milan are now in the running, with Mino Raiola expected to have an open dialogue with Serie A.
Manchester United spent a lot to bring Pogba back to Old Trafford in 2016, but he’s struggling to meet expectations.
According to an Italian point of sale Tuttosport, Inter are now considering making an approach to sign Pogba, with Antonio Conte previously working with the World Cup winner during their time together at Juventus.
Raiola has not done business with Inter since Mario Balotelli joined Manchester City in 2010.
But the report says the two sides are willing to ignore the past in order to negotiate a decision for Pogba.
Tottenham tipped to make two transfers
Former English international Kevin Phillips believes Jose Mourinho will have two very different plans of action for the social distancing incident involving both Moussa Sissoko and Serge Aurier.
The two Spurs players were caught flouting the locking rules when Aurier posted a video on the pair’s social media working together.
“This is the story of Tottenham season,” said Phillips Football Insider.
“There were more problems out of the field than there. We talk about it constantly.
“Mourinho will want some transfer windows to get rid of people. Aurier, probably, the one who will go.
“Sissoko is a great player and he has been a huge failure for them this year and I think he will stay.
“Mourinho uses this time to identify which players he wants on this team and which ones he doesn’t want.
“He has to deal with so many things off the field – contracts, team flaws and this is just one of those seasons. Disappointing to hear but Jose will take care of it. “
LIVE news transfer: Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho will seek to sign this summer
Philippe Coutinho in Liverpool
Liverpool would have decided not to sign again Philippe Coutinho, Anfield’s hierarchy having made their intentions clear to the player himself during a telephone conversation. Barcelona are looking to move the Brazilian this summer, but are struggling to find a buyer.
Things didn’t work out for Coutinho in Catalonia or Munich, where he spent the season on loan.
Bayern Munich have an option to buy Coutinho for £ 109 million, but are unlikely to trigger the clause due to its lack of significant contributions.
It’s finally blocked an exit option and Barcelona feel like the Premier League can now have the best chance of finding a contender.
Since Coutinho spent five years in Merseyside where he was worshiped by the Kop, Liverpool have been linked to a surprise decision by their former player.
But according to the print edition of the Spanish Sport newspaper, the Reds have already told Coutinho that they will not try to sign it again.
LIVE news transfer: Philippe Coutinho could return to the Premier League this summer
Man Utd Takes Transfer Decision From Kalidou Koulibaly
Manchester United will not budge for Naples star Kalidou Koulibaly this summer, despite Ole Gunnar Solskjaer considering him one of the best central defenders in the world. The Red Devils are ready for a busy summer transfer window.
United have been linked to Napoli defender Koulibaly, while the Red Devils are also considering Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.
Koulibaly is a long-term target for the Red Devils, Jose Mourinho trying to sign the Senegalese international during his stay at Old Trafford.
LIVE news transfer: Man Utd will not sign Kalidou Koulibaly this summer
However, according to the Manchester Evening News, United will not be signing Koulibaly this summer.
Koulibaly, 28, is at the upper limit of his age limits for transfer targets.
The Red Devils want to recruit young talents instead this summer.
MEN add that Solskjaer, however, is a great admirer of Koulibaly.
Liverpool talks to Willian
Liverpool may be on the verge of relighting an old flame and finally signing Willian – almost seven years after they nearly joined the Reds. The Chelsea winger is a free agent this summer and can speak to other clubs about his future.
Willian has been an admirable Chelsea servant since joining Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013, winning two Premier League titles.
However, it now seems that the time has come for a new challenge with the player’s representatives unable to reach an agreement with Chelsea.
According to the print edition of Spanish paper sport Willian is already in talks with Liverpool over the prospect of a move at the end of the season.
Klopp is looking to add additional firepower before the 2020/21 campaign with Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane for the African Cup of Nations next January.
LIVE news transfer: Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should be busy
Chelsea plots Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s move
Chelsea are watching Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang closely and may seek to sign if he refuses to sign a new contract.
Lyon striker Moussa Dembele is the club’s favorite target, Timo Werner also being considered, according to ESPN.
But Aubameyang is becoming a serious alternative with Chelsea chefs very interested in the Gabonese international.
The Blues see the striker is a cheaper option than that of Dembele and Werner which is also sought by Liverpool.