‘Devastated’ family of UK’s youngest coronavirus victim, 13, unable to attend funeral as two other siblings develop symptoms – The Sun

0
104


THE devastated family of the UK’s youngest coronavirus victim, 13, cannot attend his funeral today after two of his siblings developed symptoms of the virus.

Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab, of Brixton, in south-west London, died of the virus after being taken to hospital with difficulty breathing.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news and updates

    13-year-old boy died at King's College Hospital, London
13-year-old boy died at King’s College Hospital in LondonCredit: EPA

And a family friend said today that two of the teenager’s brothers and sisters had developed a temperature and lost their sense of taste.

Mark Stephenson said this meant that his mother and six siblings were forced to isolate themselves and could not attend his funeral in Brixton on Friday.

In a statement through GoFundMe, Mr. Stephenson said, “Shaykh Sharif Zain will conduct the funeral and I will deliver a short speech for the Abdulwahab family and a few relatives and friends.

“We hope we can send a live stream of the funeral to her mother and siblings so they can be there remotely, but they are obviously devastated that they cannot be there in person. “

“It is extremely overwhelming for everyone involved, but they were very moved by the warmth and the very positive messages of support from people following their call. “

To date, more than £ 67,000 has been raised for the adolescent’s family after the tragedy.

Ismail died at Kings College Hospital on Monday morning without his mother and six siblings by his side due to the infectiousness of the disease.

Ismail, who had no apparent underlying medical condition, has been described by his family as a “sweet and kind” boy with a “comforting” smile.

He is one of around 3,000 people killed by the virus in the UK so far.

More than 33,000 cases have been recorded across the country while extreme lockdowns have been put in place to try to stop the spread.

It occurs after a teenage boy from Portugal became the youngest victim of the coronavirus in Europe.

Vitor Godinho, 14, died tragically in a hospital near Porto in the early hours of Sunday morning after falling ill with the virus.

And a new analysis, published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, has shown an increased risk of coronavirus once a person reaches middle age.

The study found a very low death rate among those under the age of 20, although it found that they were not at a lower risk of infection than the elderly.

CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN KNOWLEDGE

Don’t miss the latest news and figures – and essential tips for you and your family.

To receive the Coronavirus du Soleil newsletter in your inbox every tea hour, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, just like our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain’s best-selling daily newspaper on your smartphone or tablet every day – learn more.

It comes after a broken-hearted father paid homage to his “very healthy” 19-year-old son after he died of a coronavirus in a London hospital.

Luca Di Nicola, originally from Italy but living in north London, is one of the youngest victims of Covid-19 in the UK, with no underlying health problems.

The teen visited his general practitioner with symptoms of coronavirus last week, but reportedly received paracetamol and said he had “nothing to worry about.”

A family “devastated” after the death of Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab, 13, after a positive test for Covid-19



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here