Dad treated for coronavirus heard patient screaming for family while dying alone


A father hospitalized for a coronavirus who heard the patient in front of him shouting for his family when he died alone urged the British to “stay at home and keep your loved ones”.

Craig Farley-Jones listened to the man in his late 60s call the names of his loved ones for two hours before dying at Tameside General Hospital last week.

Two-year-old dad Craig spent six days in hospital on maximum oxygen to fight the virus – at one point, fiancée Laura Wilson, 41, asked him why he hadn’t made a will like herself. had suggested – before recovering enough to be fired. Sunday.

But the 43-year-old man, who was fit and in good health with no pre-existing health conditions, was saddened by the other patients in his quarantine room.

His heartfelt article on social media reminding people who still do not take the British foreclosure seriously that the potentially deadly virus can affect anyone who has accumulated more than 4,500 likes and shares online.

Craig Farley-Jones, 43, in an ambulance en route to the hospital

Craig, from Hyde, in Greater Manchester, said, “Everyone in the room looked like death, but the man in the bed in front of me who was about 65 or 70 was relaxed and talkative at first, despite the fact that he was on maximum oxygen.

“Later in the day I could see he was having trouble breathing and was starting to panic, I could see he was in distress so I buzzed the nurses but they couldn’t calm him down.

“Something has changed – his stats have gone wrong and it was over for him.

“They gave him something to calm him down and called his children because it was obviously his last night.

“His children were able to at least get into masks and dresses and say goodbye, but he hung on a few hours later.

“I will never forget the next two hours as long as I live. He was screaming, calling his family by name, over and over while struggling to breathe.

“It made me cry, it was so hard to listen to.

Craig Farley-Jones with daughter Pippa, 1

At home before hospitalization

“I buzzed the nurses, but they told me they couldn’t do anything for him anymore.

“So I stood there listening to his breath turn into a death rattle, he kept screaming, he stopped and was silent – he was gone.

“I know he was not in physical pain at the time, but he was definitely in emotional distress.

“I wouldn’t let a dog die like that.

“It was not at all the fault of the doctors and nurses, they did everything they could, but in some cases it was not enough.

“People need to know when you go to the hospital with a coronavirus, all the NHS can do is eliminate any infection that comes with the virus to give you the best chance of fighting it yourself.”

“They cannot treat the virus itself. So if you end up in the hospital, you have to fight or sink.

“So please stay home and keep your loved ones – I’m one of the lucky ones. “

Father of two with fiancée Laura Wilson, 41

Craig and Laura both noticed symptoms on the same day two weeks ago, but don’t know where they got the virus.

As soon as the British foreclosure took effect last month, their families followed government advice, but the two began experiencing high temperatures, nausea and exhaustion about three days later.

The couple also developed loss of smell and bad cough, but when Craig started having trouble breathing last Tuesday, he called NHS 111 and was transported by ambulance to the hospital, where he was discovered that the disease had spread to his lungs, causing pneumonia.

At 2:00 am on his third night at the hospital, Craig was taken from one of the main departments to another wheelchair quarantined coronavirus unit after being tested positive for Covid-19.

The businessman, who was treated with antibiotics for secondary infections during his hospital stay, could not eat for a week during his ordeal, losing a weight stone.

Craig urged Britons to “stay home and keep loved ones”

Craig said, “When I got to the hospital, I thought I was safe.

“But I still felt like I couldn’t breathe, and when I realized it was always the case when oxygen was at its fullest, it was a scary moment.

“I couldn’t breathe anymore and I thought I could be this close.

“The feeling of claustrophobia and panic that sets in is frightening – even a few days later, when I felt better and had to go out, I still had a lingering doubt that I couldn’t do it.

Read more

Coronavirus epidemic

“When you wake up at night out of breath, panicked and doing your best to suck in more air, you don’t understand why the nurses can’t do anything to help you.

“I realized quickly enough that you are being treated to get better and going out the front door, or that they are being treated by the back door with the least amount of pain. “


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here