Coronavirus: twelve deaths in Stanley nursing home

0
79


Stanley Park Nursing Home

Image copyright
Google

Legend

The first death at Stanley Park Care Home occurred in late March


Twelve residents of a County Durham nursing home have now died after showing symptoms of coronavirus.

The directors of the Stanley Park nursing home in Stanley said they were “devastated” by the deaths.

The first death occurred in late March and the last five were confirmed on Sunday by domestic operator Care UK.

It has not been revealed how many other residents of the 72-bed house are sick. A resident who tested positive for the virus is in hospital.

Karen Morrison, Regional Director of Care UK, said: “We are completely sorry that so many residents have lost their lives because of what we believe to be Covid-19.

“Our thoughts and condolences go out to all those families who have lost someone.

“The team at home continues to be absolutely amazing and I cannot thank them enough.

“Despite everything that has happened, they continue to provide the best care in a friendly and professional manner.

“They have had all of the necessary PPE and have been using it meticulously since the first case was seen late last month. “

Follow BBC North East & Cumbria on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Send your article ideas to



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here