Coronavirus may have already infected 1.7 million Britons as NHS 111 numbers soar

0
76


NHS figures suggest that more than 1.7 million Britons may already have contracted a coronavirus.

Since March 18, a total of 1,496,651 people have reported only Covid-19 compliant symptoms, while almost a quarter of a million have been assessed as potential patients via 111 and 999 calls.

However, it is believed that some people could have used many channels to report discomfort, which would distort the accuracy of the numbers, reports the Sun.

The pandemic is expected to peak at Easter later this month, with disruptions from those of the Second World War.

While health officials fear that tens of thousands of Britons will contract the potentially fatal disease in the coming weeks.



New NHS figures suggest 1.7 million Britons may have already contracted coronavirus

This comes when general practitioners’ offices in England should be asked by the British Medical Association to open on Good Friday and Easter Monday.

The BMA has initiated emergency changes to contract regulations to help the NHS stay abreast of the growing pandemic.

Read more

Coronavirus epidemic

Britain’s death toll rose by 50% on Wednesday, with an additional 563 deaths from the virus, the largest overnight increase for the second day in a row.

On Tuesday, the death toll left 381 dead – double since Monday.

The total number of official deaths for the deaths of patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in the UK is now 2,392 – 40 of whom died elsewhere until March 20.

The pandemic refuses to slow down because the figures show that those who contract the disease have gone from 25,150 to 29,474 – a miniscule number compared to the number of people who are said to have been infected.

According to John Hopkins University, more than 150,000 people have been tested for the deadly virus in Britain, although 179 of those who have been officially declared to have the disease have recovered.



Boris Johnson takes refuge in Downing Street after being tested positive for the virus

Prime Minister Boris Johnson deplored the loss of life in quarantine yesterday, calling it a “sad, sad day”.

“But have no doubt that if we can follow the agenda we are currently on, if we can stick to the steps we have taken together, then I have absolutely no doubt that we will start pushing these numbers down” , he said.

Secretary of Business Alok Sharma said people must continue to follow government guidelines rigorously and stay in their homes, otherwise we could “see a dangerous second peak.”

Earlier this week, Ismail Mohamed Abdulwahab, 13, became the youngest person to die from the virus in the UK.

The teenager, originally from Brixton in south-west London, had underlying health problems and died on Monday at King’s College Hospital.

His family was not allowed to stay at his bedside until his death.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here