COVID-19 costs to the city of Edmonton are expected to be between $ 27 million and $ 112 million: report
The new rules apply to all taxis, limousines, private transport providers and shuttle service providers, as well as to all carpooling services such as Uber and Tapp vehicles.
As of April 1, all vehicle rental services must meet the following requirements and restrictions:
- No more than one passenger per vehicle; unless:
- additional passengers are members of the same household, individuals in a close personal relationship or caregiver required
- the size and capacity of the vehicle allow two meters between each passenger and the driver (e.g. shuttle)
[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]
- No passenger is allowed in the front passenger seat (s)
- When driving and / or operating as a vehicle rental service, cleaning and disinfection supplies must be kept in plain view in the front passenger seat and used for cleaning vehicles after each trip.
- Door handles (interior and exterior), window controls, door locks, passenger seat, seat belts and buckles must be cleaned after each fare and with disinfectant cleaning products and substances. Payment devices must be cleaned after each use
- Drivers should take appropriate precautions (e.g. personal protective equipment) when providing physical support to passengers
- Any vehicle that provides services to a passenger who has symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat, or otherwise indicates that they are at risk of COVID-19, must be immediately withdrawn from service and completely disinfected
The story continues under advertising
Edmonton Layoffs Over 2,000 Employees In City Recreation Centers And Public Libraries Due To COVID-19
“The City of Edmonton will work with the rental vehicle industry to communicate these changes, and enforcement teams will be deployed to help ensure compliance with the new regulations,” said a city press release.
The car rental industry is considered an essential service.
See the link »
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.