Distribution of cases:
- 1,997 cases in the Calgary area
- 429 cases in the Edmonton area
- 142 cases in the South zone
- 137 cases in the North zone
- 76 cases in the central zone
- 22 cases in areas to be confirmed
On Sunday, the Calgary area still accounts for 71% of all COVID-19 cases in the province.
There are currently 65 people hospitalized, 16 of whom have been admitted to intensive care.
According to the Alberta Department of Health, 488 cases are “suspected of community origin”.
The province reported that 1,198 people have recovered.
Four other people have died since the province’s update on Saturday, bringing the death toll to 55.
All additional deaths occurred in long-term care homes:
[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]
- a 90 year old woman from the Calgary area (Bethany Care Center)
- a 90 year old man from the Calgary area (Intercare Brentwood)
- an 80 year old man from the Calgary area (Clifton Manor)
- a 90 year old man from the North area (Manoir du Lac)
Three of the four new deaths mark the first at the Bethany Care Center, Intercare Brentwood and Clifton Manor, the province confirmed. The fourth death brings Manoir du Lac to six.
On Sunday, 307 cases were confirmed in continuing care facilities and 36 residents died, according to Alberta Health.
Coronavirus: management says takeover of Manoir du Lac AHS was a surprise, recognizes personnel issues
Distribution of deaths by province:
- 38 in the Calgary area
- eight in the Edmonton area
- eight in the North zone
- one in the central area
The government has said truckers can now use an interactive map to find open restaurants, restrooms and showers on Alberta highways.
- Mental Health Help Line at 1-877-303-2642
- Addiction Help Line at 1-866-332-2322
- 24-hour family violence information line at 310-1818
- Alberta One Line for Sexual Violence at 1-866-403-8000
See the link »
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.