Baby dies of only 29-day-old coronavirus and becomes one of the youngest victims in the world – World News

0
33


One baby just 29 days old has become one of the youngest victims of coronavirus in the world.

The newborn baby from Batangas, a province in the Philippines, died in hospital of sepsis after suffering from breathing difficulties.

In a televised briefing, Undersecretary of Health Maria Rosario Vergeire said: “The youngest dead man from COVID-19 is a 29-day-old man from Batangas.

“He died of late sepsis from a serious respiratory infection. “

Before the baby died, the youngest victim of coronavirus in the Philippines was a 7-year-old girl from Pangasinan who died from hypovolemic shock from acute gastroenteritis and severe dehydration.



One 29-day-old baby has become one of the youngest victims of coronavirus

The Philippine Ministry of Health on Wednesday reported 14 new deaths from coronaviruses and 230 additional infections.

In a bulletin, the Ministry of Health said that deaths from coronavirus reached 349 while the total number of confirmed cases rose to 5,453, making the Philippines the most infected country in Southeast Asia .

But 58 patients recovered, bringing the total to 353, he added.

Earlier this week, Senator Bong Go sparked outrage when he warned people of “false news” about coronavirus in the Philippines that there were “body bags” waiting for you.



The little boy was from the Philippines



Baby died in hospital after sepsis

The worrisome threat was made a few days after the country’s famous president, Rodrigo Duterte, said that those who violate the quarantine rules for Covid-19 would be “shot.”

He told reporters that he had body bags for “the addicts or the hawkers of fake news.”

Mung Yu Hah, Amnesty International’s deputy regional director for campaigns, called on the government to stop threatening to kill him.

The regime has already been criticized for its deadly drug war, which has claimed thousands of lives.

Mung said, “This dangerous rhetoric must stop now.

“Such dangerous language is never acceptable. Coming so soon after President Duterte’s alarming shoot-to-kill order, it is a clear incitement consistent with the government’s general hostility to human rights.

Read more

Coronavirus epidemic

“The senator’s comment also creates a deterrent to journalists and whistleblowers who seek to uncover the gaps and problems in the government’s COVID-19 response.

“Instead of uttering threats, the Philippine government should put all people’s rights to health and life at the center of its plans and actions. “

In the Philippines, reports indicate that the government has ordered hospitals not to report deaths from coronavirus.

On April 1, President Rodrigo Duterte said in a televised speech that he ordered police and military to shoot “dead” who protested or questioned government action.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here