6ix9ine released from prison early for coronavirus risk – National

0
91


Rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez, was sentenced immediately to the release of a federal prison in Manhattan four months earlier Thursday by a judge who cited his asthma and the greatest danger he would run behind bars during the new coronavirus epidemic.

US district judge Paul A. Engelmayer made his decision a day after telling lawyers on both sides that he intended to do so.










What is racketeering? Rapper 6ix9ine pleads not guilty to RICO’s charges


What is racketeering? Rapper 6ix9ine pleads not guilty to RICO’s charges

Engelmayer quoted “a raging and virulent pandemic that has entered federal prisons in New York”. Prosecutors did not object to the action.

READ MORE:
Tekashi 6ix9ine prison release date set for August

“Given the increased medical risk presented to Mr. Hernandez by the COVID-19 pandemic, there are extraordinary and compelling reasons to reduce Mr. Hernandez’s sentence,” he said.

According to court documents, 6ix9ine, who was due to be released on July 31, will remain under house arrest for the next four months on probation and will be subject to electronic surveillance.

The story continues under advertising

Until then, the FEFE the rapper can only visit his lawyer or a doctor. His lawyer said he was diagnosed with bronchitis and sinusitis in October.

Engelmayer said last week that he would have sentenced the 23-year-old performer to home imprisonment rather than prison when he announced the sentence in December if he had known the new coronavirus by then.










COVID-19 survivors answer questions from viewers


COVID-19 survivors answer questions from viewers

6ix9ine’s lawyer Dawn Florio told Complex that the rapper was allowed to release new music while interned.

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]
“Yes, he can get out of the music,” she said.

“What he is going to do is he already has this lead to [record label] 10K projects, ”explained Florio. “So he has to release a Spanish album and an English album. So that’s what he’s going to work on. “

Florio also revealed to the store that 6ix9ine was allowed to go to social media under certain conditions.

“So far, I have seen no restrictions on him being unable to access social media,” she said. “Obviously, it must be in good taste. No more trolling. ”

READ MORE:
6ix9ine would not feel safe in prison, ask the judge to let him serve his sentence at home

the Gummo On December 18, 2019, the rapper was sentenced to two years in prison and five years probation on charges of federal racketeering in the federal court in Manhattan.

6ix9ine could have been sentenced to decades in prison for his entanglement with the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods and for crimes that included orchestrating a shootout in which an innocent bystander was injured.

The story continues under advertising

The 23-year-old rapper pleaded guilty in February 2019 to charges accusing him of joining the gang.

In January 2019, 6ix9ine began cooperating with federal prosecutors after pleading guilty to nine crimes and reporting joining a violent New York gang and helping others try to kill a rival gang member.

After his arrest, the Stoopid the rapper lost the reputation as an outlaw he organized online and testified against his gangmates earlier this year, which has led some to call him a “snitch.” The testimony helped convict two senior members of Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods.

“Your cooperation has been impressive. It changed the game. It was complete and it was brave, “said Engelmayer, announcing the rapper’s sentence, which is far below federal crime guidelines, in a Manhattan courtroom.

Prosecutors have described Nine Trey as one of the most violent outgrowths of United Bloods Nation, which has members across the country. 6ix9ine moved his family before his cooperation was made public, and then he was transferred to another prison and a unit without gang members, the government said.

Questions about COVID-19? Here are some things you should know:

Health authorities warn against all international travel. Returning travelers are legally required to self-isolate for 14 days, beginning on March 26, in case they develop symptoms and prevent the spread of the virus to others. Some provinces and territories have also implemented recommendations or additional enforcement measures to ensure the self-isolation of people returning to the region.

The story continues under advertising

Symptoms may include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing – very similar to a cold or the flu. Some people may develop a more serious illness. Those most at risk are the elderly and people with serious chronic conditions such as heart, lung or kidney disease. If you develop symptoms, contact public health authorities.

To prevent the virus from spreading, experts recommend washing your hands frequently and coughing up your sleeve. They also recommend minimizing contact with others, staying at home as much as possible, and keeping two meters away from others if you go out.

For full COVID-19 coverage by Global News, click here.

– With files from the Associated Press

See the link »

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here