DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System announced Friday at 11:30 a.m. that 649 patients with coronavirus (COVID-19) were being treated in five of its hospitals in Michigan.
There were 4,387 patients with negative COVID-19 tests through the Henry Ford healthcare system, while 2,695 were positive for the coronavirus.
RELATED: Henry Ford Health of Detroit will lead the first large-scale US study of the drug’s effectiveness in preventing COVID-19
The hospital has provided an update on the number of patients hospitalized at what location as of April 1.
- Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit) – 281 out of 952 hospital patients tested positive
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital – 105 out of 390 inpatients who tested positive
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital – 113 out of 356 hospitalized patients tested positive
- Henry Ford Wyandotte – 73 out of 168 hospital patients tested positive
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health (Jackson) – 22 out of 28 hospital patients tested positive
You can call the patient hotline between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, at: 313-874-1055.
The hospital is asking residents to get involved in the white ribbon project to show their support for first responders and has even provided a white ribbon image for those who couldn’t make one at home. You can download it here.
Henry Ford Health said internal testing is a priority for currently hospitalized patients, admitted emergency room patients and Henry Ford health care workers. The results are returned within 24 hours, although it could go up to 48 hours due to increased demand, the hospital system said.
Tests performed on outpatients and those examined at Henry Ford crossing / triage locations are sent to an external laboratory for processing. These results are expected in about 4-5 days.
Henry Ford Health System offered these facts on its facilities:
- Total number of intensive care beds: 360.
- Negative pressure isolation chambers: approximately 150.
- Beds: Henry Ford Hospital, 877; Henry Ford Allegiance, 475; Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, 361; Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, 401; Henry Ford Hospital West Bloomfield, 191.
- Total number of team members, over: 31,600
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.